Cutting slabs into bars

There are various methods for cutting soap, being freehand or using a tool or equipment of some type.  I tried freehand for a little while, but no matter how hard I tried to make them all even, I couldn't do it.  I have a homemade device with a blade on it, and this works super well for me. 

Today I cut up the 600 bars that I made over the weekend.  This took me 3 hours.  Which is twice as long as I thought it would be.  I did have to move a few things around to make room for the trays of cut bars, then I started removing 100 bar and 50 bar slabs from their molds, cut those into 3" wide logs, cut those logs into bars, place in trays and move to the shelve to cure. 

So the math here is:
8 hours to make 600 bars +
3 hours to cut 600 bars =
11 hours on making and cutting 600 bars, which equals 1.1 minute per bar.
(660 minutes divided by 600 bars = 1.1)

Next, I will time the trimming and labeling of the soap.  Take a look at this webpage which is from natural soap making about different types of natural soap labels.

No comments:

Post a Comment