Natural Soap Labels

I've tried a lot of different versions of making soap labels.  And there are pros and cons to almost every type.  I always made my own labels on a computer and printer, and liked the 5 to a horizontal sheet, the best.  A sheet of tinted paper is 5 - 10 cents, making each paper label 1 - 2 cents plus the ink and the tape.  Making labels yourself allows for you to make special labels quick and easy, like for a special occasion.  The downside to this particular label is getting your cuts straight with scissors, to give it a professional look, and not like one of the kids labeled it.  Then you need two pieces of tape, a 2 sided tape for the inside and a one sided tape for the outside.  The inside tape will hold your label affixed after the soap shrinks a little bit more, then the label won't fall off. 

At the Artisan Store where I sell soap, I had to bag every bar to cut down on the escaping fragrances.  So instead of my traditional paper labels that people weren't seeing very well, I bagged the soap, tied it with a ribbon, and made sticky labels that I stuck to the front of each bag. 

But take a look at this soap label making page at natural-soap-making.com and at the variety of labels, and get some great ideas on how you could label your soaps.

1 comment:

  1. Great article! That is the type of info that are supposed to be shared around
    the internet. Disgrace on Google for no longer positioning this publish upper!
    Come on over and consult with my site . Thanks =)
    My homepage africanmangoguide.net

    ReplyDelete